I used to think I was cynical. Maybe I was, but it wasn't real cynicism...it was trendy cynicism. You know...I was in my mid twenties...I was raised on television and fast food. I didn't understand almost everything...still don't, but I am slower to judge. I don't believe in being cynical anymore. I don't think I ever did. It just made some people laugh. Now I long for simplicity. And boobs. And a soundtrack. Dick Clark once said music was the soundtrack of our lives...I say no shit dumbass...what else would be...bird whistles? I still want one though. Like a real soundtrack. A theme that follows me around. I also want to learn how to walk in slow motion. I love classical music. I'll never know as much about it as frank...I just know I love it. I also know I hate when people feel they have to fuck with it. It's already perfect...it doesn't need a techno/electronic beat behind it. I'll take beethoven's fifth over a fifth of beethoven anyday. I like to laugh. I wish I was as clever as I want to be. My thoughts come to me in one and a half second sound bites. I get all of my news in two easy to read sentences at the bottom oof cnn's screen. I don't think people really have principals anymore. We've replaced them with pop ideals. I don't need wisdom...just a nice tidy ending to my thirty minute dilema. Two hour dilema if I choose a movie over tv...which I usually do. Oh well...sometimes...I get to truly be part of something beautiful. Not every day...but more than some people ever get in an entire lifetime. I live for beauty. Sometimes I have to look for it. That makes it better though. Sometimes I have to get a group of people together and create it...that's the best. Thanks to you who have created beauty with me. Here's to all the future beauty.
Previous Posts
- I like sleep. It seems to happen so rarely. Like...
- As per usual Frank got me to thinkin. Damn that g...
- So I get home tonight a little after midnight, rea...
- Tonight the sky was on fire as I walked into work....
- I used to have this feeling. I was a bit younger,...
- Good evening friends. I've nothing really to writ...
- It's an interesting dichotomy to hate my job so mu...
- Never never never never never never never never ne...
- Ah love...everyone wants it...everyone craves it. ...
- Ah, to be a muse. To ignite that spark of creativ...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home