I'm sitting here...awake, with a few things on my mind this evening. The first thing on my mind is that I should be sleeping. It's already too late for me to even wish I could get 6 hours of sleep...let alone the required 8. Oh well...one more night. I've been thinking about sleep a lot lately actually. Mostly the psychology of it. I know...that's rather weird, but hey...watcha gonna do?
So the final Matrix movie opened today, and I say thank God. Now we can finaly put to rest the second most overrated trilogy of all time. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read the bible...I can pretty much figure how it goes. Lots of cool...meaningless...absolutely superfluous, yet stunningly beautiful fight scenes...intermingled with weak story and frighteningly stupid and cliche'd diologue...neo dies to save humanity...and if the wachowski's really wanna get biblical...neo ressurects and becomes even more godlike. I hope I'm wrong. I hope they do something really cool like turn it all around and we find out agent smith is really the good guy...(sidenote: He's much more interesting anyway, and Hugo Weaving has more cool in his little finger than Canoe will have his entire life...) That'd be alright. In my much less than humble opinion I think the entire Matrix Story is masturbation fodder for pseudo-intellectuals. Break it on down and there's just no substance. I'm still going to see it though. I'll probably like the effects as well.
Next...suspended from school indefinitely today...a young boy (4 or 5) for well...being a boy. On his way to school he found lying in a gutter...a dirty hypo needle. He took it with him to school and all in good fun poked 5 of his classmates. Probably with a smile on his face. Not to be malicious or mean...just being a boy...maybe even flirting in that little boy way...and death ensues in the young ones...perhaps. I hope not. I pray that the needle...though used and dirty...is mostly harmless. God I hope for a happy ending in this one. Yeah...that's the world we live in.
Also on my mind...I will never understand...nor even pretend to...the intricate relationship between a girl and her mother. All women have strange maternal relationships. That's fine...I just don't understand.
We live in a world of voyeurs.
I find it amazing how much the news is focused on keeping us uninformed. Give us the candy and popcorn stylings of Hollywood entertainment...tell us what the stars are wearing and who they're kissing...but for the love of God...don't let us know what's really happening all around us. We don't want to know anyway.
So the final Matrix movie opened today, and I say thank God. Now we can finaly put to rest the second most overrated trilogy of all time. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read the bible...I can pretty much figure how it goes. Lots of cool...meaningless...absolutely superfluous, yet stunningly beautiful fight scenes...intermingled with weak story and frighteningly stupid and cliche'd diologue...neo dies to save humanity...and if the wachowski's really wanna get biblical...neo ressurects and becomes even more godlike. I hope I'm wrong. I hope they do something really cool like turn it all around and we find out agent smith is really the good guy...(sidenote: He's much more interesting anyway, and Hugo Weaving has more cool in his little finger than Canoe will have his entire life...) That'd be alright. In my much less than humble opinion I think the entire Matrix Story is masturbation fodder for pseudo-intellectuals. Break it on down and there's just no substance. I'm still going to see it though. I'll probably like the effects as well.
Next...suspended from school indefinitely today...a young boy (4 or 5) for well...being a boy. On his way to school he found lying in a gutter...a dirty hypo needle. He took it with him to school and all in good fun poked 5 of his classmates. Probably with a smile on his face. Not to be malicious or mean...just being a boy...maybe even flirting in that little boy way...and death ensues in the young ones...perhaps. I hope not. I pray that the needle...though used and dirty...is mostly harmless. God I hope for a happy ending in this one. Yeah...that's the world we live in.
Also on my mind...I will never understand...nor even pretend to...the intricate relationship between a girl and her mother. All women have strange maternal relationships. That's fine...I just don't understand.
We live in a world of voyeurs.
I find it amazing how much the news is focused on keeping us uninformed. Give us the candy and popcorn stylings of Hollywood entertainment...tell us what the stars are wearing and who they're kissing...but for the love of God...don't let us know what's really happening all around us. We don't want to know anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home