Back to Basics
Okay, so Erica the Genius finally fixed my broken links...so it all works on the side now. Also I'm going to be making some more changes. I think I like blogging. blah blah blah...
Today I watched Gothika...you can read more about that in my review blog...(Now that the link works.) I was watching, thinking that there was a time in my life I would have thought that was a lot cooler than I did today. When I was young I read everything there was to read on the subjects of ghosts, vampires, demons, devils...whatever. I read it all. I read my first H.P. Lovecraft when I was in fifth grade. I wanted to believe in it all. Especially ghosts. My mom used to tell me of the time when we lived in a haunted house. She told me all the stories of what the ghost would do. Apparently the ghost...a 19th century nurse....female...hated my mom. She would do shit...all sorts of stuff that I don't really remember now, but when she first told me about it I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I remember having fantasies of going back to the house when I was older and making contact. Communicating with the dead. Finding out why she was still here...instead of wherever it was she was supposed to be. Heaven, hell, purgatory...whatever...
I loved it. There's part of me that still does. I still love it, but I recognize it all as fiction now. I'm much more skeptical on the whole thing. Sorry folks, the young believer grew up and now...well...I think X-files is entertaining, but I just don't buy anything. Nothin. I really think the dead are dead. They may still continue in some form, essence, energy, spirit matter somewhere, but to us they are dead. The end. I don't believe that they come back...in any way. Ever. It's all sentimental fantasy based in hope and need, but still just fantasy. I still like ghost stories. I like to hear how Lincoln walks the halls of the white house...but he doesn't.
So bearing all this in mind Joel and I decided to be Logan Utah's foremost experts on the paranormal. Which meant we walked around graveyards and old houses with a tape recorder. It was fun and we had a few laughs. We got some people to tell us how ghosts beat the shit out of them. I never believed the stories, but the laughs were great. The blank tapes stayed blank. The nights were cold, but we had some great chucks.
I think there is more on this topic to come in the future. My mind is rather cluttered at the moment and I'm not forming my thoughts the way I want to. I think there is something to say that I'm not saying...but I don't know what it is. I do however like the theraputic nature of the blog. So Joel...for now...Here's to being Logan Utah's foremost paranormal experts.
Today I watched Gothika...you can read more about that in my review blog...(Now that the link works.) I was watching, thinking that there was a time in my life I would have thought that was a lot cooler than I did today. When I was young I read everything there was to read on the subjects of ghosts, vampires, demons, devils...whatever. I read it all. I read my first H.P. Lovecraft when I was in fifth grade. I wanted to believe in it all. Especially ghosts. My mom used to tell me of the time when we lived in a haunted house. She told me all the stories of what the ghost would do. Apparently the ghost...a 19th century nurse....female...hated my mom. She would do shit...all sorts of stuff that I don't really remember now, but when she first told me about it I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I remember having fantasies of going back to the house when I was older and making contact. Communicating with the dead. Finding out why she was still here...instead of wherever it was she was supposed to be. Heaven, hell, purgatory...whatever...
I loved it. There's part of me that still does. I still love it, but I recognize it all as fiction now. I'm much more skeptical on the whole thing. Sorry folks, the young believer grew up and now...well...I think X-files is entertaining, but I just don't buy anything. Nothin. I really think the dead are dead. They may still continue in some form, essence, energy, spirit matter somewhere, but to us they are dead. The end. I don't believe that they come back...in any way. Ever. It's all sentimental fantasy based in hope and need, but still just fantasy. I still like ghost stories. I like to hear how Lincoln walks the halls of the white house...but he doesn't.
So bearing all this in mind Joel and I decided to be Logan Utah's foremost experts on the paranormal. Which meant we walked around graveyards and old houses with a tape recorder. It was fun and we had a few laughs. We got some people to tell us how ghosts beat the shit out of them. I never believed the stories, but the laughs were great. The blank tapes stayed blank. The nights were cold, but we had some great chucks.
I think there is more on this topic to come in the future. My mind is rather cluttered at the moment and I'm not forming my thoughts the way I want to. I think there is something to say that I'm not saying...but I don't know what it is. I do however like the theraputic nature of the blog. So Joel...for now...Here's to being Logan Utah's foremost paranormal experts.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home