WHYTITLE

my life in the key of e

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

I"m not sure what Kitty thinks about God. I'd be willing to bet that Kitty isn't even aware of the possible existence of a supreme being. By definition I'm not sure what this makes him. He's not really agnostic, because agnosticism is the admission of the possibility of a God. He's not an athiest, because this is someone who adamantly fights against that possibility. Kitty is too lazy to fight against anything, except a 6 a.m. when he likes to fight the noisiest possible enemy he can find. I'm becoming more and more non religious. I admit a belief in some higher power. I like the idea of a loving God. It fits better to my personality than the idea of no God at all, but religion is really becoming bothersome. I'm also not agnostic or athiest. I'm apathetic. This is probably worse than either, but like Kitty, I'm just to lazy to fight for or against any idea. So what do I teach my children. How do I explain to the ones I love most. Why is religion such an important thing in the lives of those who have it that they will retaliate against any other idea. Why is so much pain and guilt associated with such beautiful ideas and precepts. My questions aren't new, but they are important. Kitty doesn't think so. I love kitty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home