WHYTITLE

my life in the key of e

Monday, July 07, 2003

It's early morning. I'm up because she's up and sick. Comedy Central is running Southpark Movie complete and unedited. A monumental moment for cable television. The depths have gotten deeper, and I laugh my way slowly into hell. At least I hope slowly. I'd hate to wake up tommorrow in hell. I'd have to rethink all of my immediate plans. Kitty is hiding in the bathroom. He keeps hoping the toilet lid will pop open so he can see what's inside. He doesn't really drink the water, but he loves to splash. I thought cats were supposed to hate water, but maybe they'll play with anything.
Drasago. My alter ego. My other me. My other name. People ask, and I guess it does deserve some explanation. I created drasago as a fictional character years ago. He's all of my good, and none of my bad. He's everything I wish I could present to the outer population. He's fictional. A character, with flaws of course, but even they are admirable. So my email is drasago@hotmail.com. My blog is drasago.blogspot.com. Everything I do in cyberspace is dealt somehow by drasago. He handles my e-life. He's a mask. A name. An identification, that in fact has nothing to do with the real me in any way whatsoever, and I have to ask myself, what is the mask for. Anybody who really knows me, knows nothing of drasago. That is fine, but it begs the question, what is he for. What do any of our masks really cover? Why are we hiding? I think the current most popular mask comes in the form of alcohol. Now I'm no moralist. I make no judgements whatsoever on anybody who chooses to imbibe. God knows, I myself have been known to sip from the bottle in the past. Not so much anymore, but it has happened. I see, or hear people all the time talk about the wonderful virtues of Alcohol. Beer, wine, whiskey, gin, rum, whatever, everybody has "THEIR" drink. The one single libation that makes life better. That makes them more attractive, more witty, more fun, less inhibited. I wonder what it is so terrible about a person that they think that inebriation is more attractive. What is so vile about that girl in the corner that I'll be more impressed watching her puke, than knowing the truth. And if the guy on the table is more witty drunk than sober, then he must be an absolute gas at the office. Hmmm. But whatever. I guess I just wish that honesty still had the same value it once did. When a handshake and a smile were all that was needed to seal a deal. When a man really could be as good as his word. When masks were only worn on halloween. Of course I long for a time, that in fact I've never known. I'm nostalgic for a memory I don't have. I ache for truth. For beauty. For free love, and not in some stupid horny hippy sort of way, but true love, free, no obligation, no strings, and no disease. Just souls, not one, not two, but thousands. Thousands of souls, connected, eye to eye, and heart to heart standing together and saying yes. Yes I love you. Not your mask, not your pretense, not your hate or your anger, or your jealousy. I love you. You are good. You have value. I think that's about it for tonight. If you want to reach me...just search for me. You'll find me. Drasago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home