WHYTITLE

my life in the key of e

Friday, February 06, 2004

So There...

It’s called getting stupid for a reason. Oh well…another seemingly good idea gone to pot. Why can’t the things that really work for other people…really work for me? Guess I’ll never know, but I do know this…I need a good vice. I mean a really good one. One that will stick. One that’s pretty cool, but mostly harmless. Masturbation is fine, but so passé really. That doesn’t mean I’ll ever stop doing it…

When you go to the movies…the film rolls at 24 frames per second. Each frame is essentially a still photograph. At 24 frames per second, this exactly reproduces the speed at which your brain processes the images you absorb through visual perception. Broken down to it’s fines point scientists still aren’t sure how this happens…but it does.

Zalman King is a filmmaker that you may or most likely may not have heard of. He directed what is commonly known as the best female friendly soft porn ever put on celluloid. It’s not really porn. At least by porn industry standards…but it sure the fuck is sexy. It’s called Delta of Venus. A fictional story of a factual person named Anais Nin. Anais is played by Audie England in the film. She’s pretty, but not glamorous. She does the job well. Anais Nin was famous in her day for writing erotica. The most famous was called…Delta of Venus. She was a contemporary of Henry Miller. Henry Miller was famous at the time for writing erotica. The most famous of his works is called Tropic of Cancer. A more biographical story of Henry and Anais can be found in the movie Henry and June. None of this is important.

Zalman King also wrote and directed a series of short films for Showtime called “The Red Shoes Diaries” Very sexy and beautiful sex vignettes. He now writes and directs for showtime a series called Chromium Blue. They are like nonsensical music videos with boobs. They piss me off, because there is no substance to them whatsoever and based on that…I could entirely ignore them…but…THEY ARE CINEMATIC MASTERPIECES. Every single frame that passes my eyes at 24 per second is gorgeous. I have never seen photographs the equal. These completely empty stories will pass into obscurity forever, and the pictures will be forgotten…if they were ever known to begin with…because there is no substance. But my God is there style. Every Zalman King frame is a single masterpiece. A cinematic Botticelli. Of course that’s just my opinion.

All of physics can be wrapped up in two foundational principals. It’s true. I’m probably saying this all wrong because I lack the proper vocabulary…but yes…two foundational principals. First is Einstein’s General theory of relativity…which explains the Universe. Planets. Orbits. Gravity. Speed of light. Space/Time. All that cool jazz. The second is Quantum mechanics which explains the atom. Molecular structure. All the shit we can’t see. All that cool jazz. Each theory, relativity, and quantum mechanics have been practically proven true through mathematics…scientific experiments…what have you. Yes it’s true…they have been proven. The problem presents itself in that…they both can’t be. I don’t understand all of this. Stephen Hawking (you know, that wheelchair guy) explains it much better in his book “A brief History of Time”. The theories cancel each other out…but yet…they don’t because they both exist. But they both can’t exist. But they do. It’s weird. Mr. Hawking’s life goal is to come up with what he calls “The Unified theory of Physics”. He hasn’t done it yet. He’s the smartest man alive. Or so they say. Go Science.

Looking at the stars in Las Vegas is like looking at The Mona Lisa in a magazine.

If you made it this far you’re probably thinking…yeah? So? So I’ll tell you.

We live in a Universe that Science has proven can’t exist. Some of today’s best art is lost before it will ever gain notoriety…and this is as it’s always been. Janet Jackson’s boob is more news worthy than the fact that American Soldiers are both killing and dying for no good reason. Our current President is about to make same sex marriage UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and no one really knows that. And yet through it all…through all the shit, and bullshit, and light pollution…beauty prevails. And it does. It’s everywhere. And I think we have a responsibility toward it. To find it. To let it go. To surround ourselves with it. To write about it, and sing about it, and make love with it. The most beautiful thing in the universe is the invisible connections between human beings. When those strings that bind us, draw us together. When we look into the eyes of each other and discover a sum greater than the separate parts. When nothing matters…and nothing does…because there is beauty. In words. In actions. In thoughts.
I love all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home