FAT TUESDAY
Well, fat everyday really, and so far wishing it away doesn't work. So today is the actual holliday of Mardi Gras...or Fat Tuesday. This is actually an official holliday in New Orleans. Registered in the books and all that jazz. The tuesday before Ash Wednesday is called Fat Tuesday. So named because people would usually stuff themselves completely fat before a day of fasting. Ash Wednesday also is the first day of Lent. Lent is the full 40 days and 40 nights leading up to good friday. Good Friday is the Friday before Easter. Fat Tuesday has become much more than just preparing for a fast. It is now generally considered the day that sins don't really count against you because you will spend the next month+ fasting and repenting. The end of which of course your sins will be forgiven. All I know...I probably won't be seeing any boobs for beads tonight. And I'll still be fat on Wednesday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home