WHYTITLE

my life in the key of e

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Sweet Emotion

We live in a time of moral abiguity. A time when a U.S. President can be impeached for lying about a blow-job, yet another U.S. President can be praised for lying about reasons to go to war. A time when some second rate pop star's boob will cause more discussion and controversy than the fact that 15 of 19 of the 9/11 hijackers were from an allied country. A time when the phrase axis of evil refers to three countries that in no way resemble any type of axis by any type of definition...except on created entirely for it's own reason. Semantics I say. What fun is the english language if not to entirely fuck up anyway.

There are no poets anymore. Perhaps the words have all been said, and recycling is going out of fashion faster than Atkins is going in. Funny thing that. Dr. Atkins died obese with completley clogged arteries. Unfortunately he may be taking a lot of stupid, but nice folks with him. They will lose weight though. Perhaps all that weight loss will get them fucked after all.

Today, Hamas leader Rantisi said that George W. Bush is an enemy of God.
Rantisi said “We knew that Bush is the enemy of God, the enemy of Islam and Muslims. America declared war against God. Sharon declared war against God and God declared war against America, Bush and Sharon. The war of God continues against them, and I can see the victory coming up from the land of Palestine by the hand of Hamas."

Now I don't know what all that means from a Muslim point of view, but it don't sound so good.

I've thought about it...and I just can't jump onto the hempmobile bandwagon. A toke up here and there is whatever it is. I have learned by sad experience that much more than that makes the frybaby stereotype very true. It's impossible to be productive and stoned. Or if it is possible...I haven't yet met the person who can do it. Now I'm not saying I'm against it...I just don't need to wear it, smoke it, eat it, sleep it, gas my car with it, free slaves with it, fly to the moon in it, solve world economy problems with it, destroy Godzilla with it, and all the other bullshit that the acivists say I can do with it. Getting fucked up on a friday night however...well even that won't get me laid...and isn't that what it's all about?

I still think that Phill Collins is much much worse than Rod Stewart. I think that no one should even try to wear jump suits. I think that sometimes the answers we want aren't really the answers at all. I can take it though. Whatever it is...I can take it. And in the end...I do...I really really do...
love all of you.
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home